Meeting minutes taken by Dave.
Present phill, kay, alex, amani, diem, corprew, Dane. Ivan – guest. (AP) = action point
- 1) randy has been meeting with cable financial
- 2) AP—Randy please send the list an update
- 1) budget update (AP) Heather please send update
- 2) Peterman still needs a check
- 3) Critical ‘Ive – diem reviews excel spreadsheet
- (AP) Make a list of what we have/own from conworks
- (AP) Randy needs proposal for Youngstown storage
- websites we can/have are:bms.com, MB.org, and INW.org
- alex – once we get set up we can move the lists to our servers
- diem set up the wiki last month at ignitionnw.wetpaint.com
- corprew will try to incorporate all these things in post playa tech meetings
- amani) thinks our community is lacking in response to sexual aggression. We need to move toward some form of solution.
- dane) we’ve identified the need to identify appropriate behavior. Once we identify the behavior and needs, we can also look at other communities and see what has been done.
- phill) we can also see what resources are available – perhaps meeting with the SPD?
- corprew) this happens in every BM community. The more successful communities are membership based as they have a method of exclusion. We have to be careful as we have seen both accusation with intent to harm as well as actual harm.
- dane) minimum resources and a stance form the board is what we need to put out. The first place to start is an unmediated discussion. It would have to be case by case.
- Kay) it’s not necessarily our job to insure actions be taken, but we can bring this up through education.
- Alex) we can bring up obvious behaviors easily, i.e. fundamental boundaries. Repeating the basics are important.
- corprew) will (AP) repost an article from Harper’s. we should be the ones who speak as by our positions we have the power to speak and we have more credibility as board members.
- diem) town hall is the place to bring up a discussion group. He believes the online discussion has been a failure as it got lost in the signal to noise ratio in BCWA. We need a webpage ASAP with the beginnings of an education center.
- (AP) PHILL AND AMANI will start the webpage information congregation.
- corprew) people will be feel better discussing this when we start smaller versus blasted info
- amani) we can use our voices to let people know this is something that is ongoing issue.
- dane) we have four events per year, we need to have this info dispersed at EACH event. Its tough as every community once it hits 300. we need to get back down to some form of core level, such as the rat city burners.
- kay) we need to hammer the info as soon as these things happens
Seacom—albertsons in greeklake and conworks is a no go.
Diem—recommends seattle center
Dane—looked into tenting a venue
Corpew — vaguely managed” werehouses are a possibility, from boeing?
preplanning meeting not happening. Diem—went to two different locations—marble mount and also darrington ampitheatre.
CM planning meeting will need to happen right after burning man—date is September 18th.
Elections update — 3 seats open and 6 candidates.
-kay) stepping stones are done, game tables are in the park. Kay is meeting with SEED.
(AP) send out info re: list and meetings to
(AP) diem write the WESTS for the retreat. Retreat will include old and new meetings.
shunpike is an org where they help create a 501c3. We can use their resources for a 10% cut of all income through them. We need to come up with a meeting for this specifically
- randy) feels shunpike is an excellent org to work with as this is what they do…
move to table shunpike discussion –all in favor all but diem who abstained. TABLED
- Alex) artists maybe should ask for grants. Then asks for table. Unanimous agreement. TABLED.